Wednesday, May 21, 2003

first post!

i named this blog after the first computer i ever had all to myself. actually, now that i think about it, maybe that computer was named after me.

in college, when i was still running Windows NT, one of my not-so-subtle friends thought it was funny to change the "My Computer" icon description to say "The Wench" every time he came to visit. i got tired of changing it back to "My Computer" so finally i slipped an "r" between the "w" and the "e" and he didn't notice for a good couple of months. hence, "The Wrench", aka the-wrench for DNS purposes.

that started me on my computer naming trend. since then, i've had power-drill (twice as fast as the-wrench), screwdriver (a laptop) and ice-pick. perhaps next i'll build "hammer" from an athlon.

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.