Tuesday, August 26, 2003

fantasy football 2003

Fantasy football season is starting! So much stress, so much effort, so much pain, and so much fun.

Last season, I had the best team in the league (overall point total, by more than 150pts), and didn't make the playoffs. How did that happen? I played the owner with Shaun Alexander during his 5 TD week. I played the owner with Michael Vick during the Vikings-Falcons game. I played the owner with Quincy Morgan in the last week of our regular season, and thought I had clinched a playoff berth, until Morgan pulled down his third catch of the game for his second TD, as time ran out. I'm hoping conservation of luck applies, this year.

Did you think I was done with that topic? Sorry, I need to dwell on last year's league for another minute, if only for the benefit of my mental health.

Last year, I landed the 5th spot in the draft, which I was happy with. I picked up Ahman Green in the first round, Priest Holmes in the second, Torry Holt in the third, and Deuce McAllister in the fourth. I had crap for quarterbacks all season (Griese, Green, ...) until I picked up the fairly respectable Chad Pennington after he took over for Vinny. I wound up the season with six receivers: Holt, Plaxico Burress (6th round), Laveranues Coles (7th round, and yes I did have to look up the spelling of his name), Hines Ward (free agent), Donald Driver (free agent), and Tai Streets (free agent) in addition to my primo running back core of Holmes, McAllister, and Green. I know, how did I lose that league?

I'm going to attempt to keep my compulsive fantasy news reading in check this year. No, really.

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.