Monday, December 08, 2003

military powers

Someone asked me the other day if I thought the United States' armed forces could take on the rest of the world, if necessary. For some reason, I was pretty convinced we could, except then the nations with nuclear weapons would probably use them, and we would all be screwed.

Today I went looking for numbers to justify my belief. I found this site which has numbers on military spending and scores for military power, quality, etc. The only countries that come even close to the US are, in order: China, Israel, India, and maybe Russia. China has 1/3 the power score of the US, 1/3 the quality score, and 1/10 the budget, but they have more active units and a bigger population.

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.