Thursday, December 10, 2009

amazing gingerbread houses

I like gingerbread houses. I think anything involving lots of candy appeals to me. (Like Halloween.)

Over Thanksgiving, when I was in San Antonio, we went to a place called Guenther House for breakfast. In addition to delicious cherry strudel and southern sweet cream pancakes, they had a giant gingerbread house on display. The sign said it contained 90 lbs of candy and had taken 150 hours of labor to construct:


The gingerbread house was built as a replica of the Guenther House itself. It even had a tiny gingerbread house inside:


Awesome.

Yesterday I saw some people working on a giant gingerbread house in one of our main lobbies at work. I'm kind of doubting they can beat 90 lbs of candy, but I'm looking forward to seeing the result anyway.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.