Wednesday, January 14, 2004

we won! but I miss Aaron Sorkin

We won our basketball championship! In an ugly defensive battle, we came out on top, 19-11. That's our lowest offensive output yet, but I guess all that matters is that we won. After the game, they gave us some puke colored t-shirts, and we went out to celebrate at Left at Albuquerque's.

Later on at home, I watched an episode of the West Wing in which the President gives a State of the Union address. Apparently it's required that someone in the line of succession not be in the Capitol during the speech, in case something really bad happens. I wonder when that became a rule. I doubt it's in the Constitution.

Speaking of the West Wing...unlike some people, I didn't immediately notice when Aaron Sorkin left the show. Last week, watching "The Stormy Present" (current season) and "Noel" (season 2) back to back, I noticed. (As an aside, I love Tivo to death!) The earlier episodes seem to flow better, have more fitting/moving endings, and involve more creative dialogue. I was especially irked that Charlie spent the entire last episode telling President Bartlet that Leo was on the phone. Dule Hill deserves better.

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.