Monday, June 28, 2004

doing the baby shower thing

A friend and I hosted a baby shower for a co-worker at my place last weekend. Neither of us had ever thrown a baby shower before. In fact, I'd never even thrown a bridal shower before. I felt sure that hilarity would ensue.

In retrospect, things didn't turn out too badly. The games we picked were simple but fun (I think the guests enjoyed the baby food taste test the most) and the decorations, prizes and favors were a hit, especially with the two under-5 guests. I also got a chance to make my favorite dessert, the Double Chocolate Mousse Torte (see Epicurious for details) and eat finger jello. Mmm...red jello.

Afterwards, I managed to clean up, eat, shower, and get myself to the city for a 8pm housewarming party (well, I was an hour or two late). I got there just in time for vodka shots and a fresh batch of lemon cookies.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.