Friday, June 18, 2004

home sweet home

We didn't get off to a great start, with 1 lost passport, 1 missed standby flight, and 2 pieces of missing luggage in the first two days. Luckily, things worked out in the end and we only lost a day of travel time.

Scandinavia was lovely, especially Norway (although we only got to see Oslo). Denmark was nice but not spectacular, probably because I'm not a big fan of old buildings. Legoland was the best thing there. Sweden was my favorite of all three; the people were helpful, friendly, and high-energy, the food was good, and the cities were a great combination of old and new.

That having been said, there's nothing like a week away to make you appreciate home. Not that I didn't have a good time, but travelling always has its disadvantages. Top 5 things I missed:

- always available high speed internet!
- Asian food, healthy food, and especially work food
- nice sheets and nice towels
- having a selection of clothes and shoes to choose from in the morning
- down time, especially Tivo time

I haven't had a chance to organize my pictures yet; if there are any especially interesting ones I'll post them.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.