Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Neopets

Neopets is a website that allows users to adopt and care for their own virtual pets. Kind of like Tamagotchi, but online, and instead of just feeding your pets, you play games to get money, and then use the money to buy the food. It's extremely popular with the under-10 crowd, and my mother has been addicted for the past year or so.

Anyway, I recently came across this article. Apparently, some parents in Australia got upset about their children playing Neopet games like blackjack and poker, and as a result the gambling-type games have been disabled for Australian Neopet owners. Personally, I would be more worried about the advertising-type games.

I told my mother, and she couldn't understand the fuss. Then again, my mother has always been unusually cool.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.