Sunday, October 10, 2004

winless no longer

The Niners won today! In overtime!

My overall expectations for the Niners this season are somewhere below basement level. I've already mourned the death of the golden era many times since the mid-90s, with the Niners missing back-to-back playoffs in 1999 and 2000 (for the first time since the 1970s), Jerry Rice leaving in 2001, and the Niners getting shut out two weeks ago, for the first time since before I was born.

So, I was pleasantly surprised to come back from basketball practice, only to learn that Tim Rattay had somehow pulled off a miracle 4th quarter comeback today, after being behind 28-12 with 8 minutes to go. Granted, Julian Peterson, the heart of the Niners defense, went down in the first quarter with a season-ending torn Achilles tendon, but at least my team won't set an NFL record for ineptness by somehow managing to go winless. Not this year.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.