Tuesday, December 14, 2004

United Premier

I'm flying to Taipei on Friday, via Tokyo.

When I was buying my airlines tickets, I had the option of flying direct, for about $200 less, on a different airline (EVA). Unfortunately, EVA is not a United partner, so I wouldn't have received United miles.

I really enjoy my Premier benefits, especially the Economy Plus seats and early boarding, since I hate checking in baggage. The priority standby list also came in handy a couple of times this year, and there's the Premier reservations line, if I want to get a real person on the phone ASAP.

Anyway, I calculated and figured out that this trip would put me over and give me Premier for next year, so I caved and bought the more expensive, one-stop tickets. Yes, United, you win.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.