Thursday, April 07, 2005

prioritization

I've been working like a crazy person for the past month or so, trying to launch my project. I've managed to stay mostly on track as far as working out goes, but I've been falling behind on stuff like email correspondence (the real kind, like you write to long-distance friends), doing my laundry, balancing my checkbook, and non-computer time, which also means much needed wrist-rest time.

We haven't launched yet, but two days ago I was sitting at my desk with a stress headache and I suddenly realized that we might be trying to launch this thing for another week, and I was in pain (head and wrist), wearing clothes I dug up from the bottom of my closet, and making stupid mistakes. So, I went home, I took a nice long shower, and I took the rest of the night off. We didn't launch, but nothing horrible happened, and I arrived at work the next morning a much happier person.

My conclusion is that crisis is a state of mind.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.