Thursday, July 21, 2005

John G. Roberts, Jr.

Like much of the country, I imagine, over the past few days, I've been trying to dig up some data on John G. Roberts, Jr. It's amazing how little information there is to be had.

But, from the little I've read, he seems like a good guy. Conservative, yes, and weak on environmental issues, but nothing like Scalia or Thomas, and it appears he may actually be able to separate his personal beliefs from his court decisions, although I do worry about the influence of his wife, who is actively involved with Feminists for Life. He's obviously very smart and seems to base his rulings on law (and the Constitution) rather than moral judgment, which is a plus to me.

My interim conclusion is that things could be worse.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.