Friday, January 27, 2006

my new favorite TV show

I still love Scrubs, but I've thoroughly enjoyed the first two episodes of Love Monkey, a new series on CBS. It stars Tom Cavanagh of Ed as Tom, a thirty-something music industry exec living in New York City.

I'm not sure exactly why I like the show, but it's some combination of Cavanagh's innate likeability (and ability to talk super-fast), combined with some pretty decent characterization, and lots of good music. For instance, Teddy Geiger, who I'd never heard of previously, appeared as a singer/songwriter prodigy in the pilot episode, and he was excellent.

Unfortunately, as of now, CBS has only ordered eight episodes, and the viewership numbers are mediocre, so it's unclear if the show will survive until next season. Go watch it now!

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.