Monday, November 27, 2006

fantasy sports meets math class

This is is a brilliant idea. I once taught a summer science class to a group of 5th and 6th graders, and was constantly racking my brain for ways to relate the class material to their everyday lives.

I haven't played fantasy football in two years now (the managers in my league were super hardcore and keeping up meant that I was checking fantasy news several times a day), but during the years that I did play, I was constantly calculating and recalculating scores on game day. I'm sure a creative teacher could come up with some kind of math-related ranking scheme too; there are some pretty complicated spreadsheets out there for evaluating fantasy players.

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.