Tuesday, December 05, 2006

gingerbread houses

Last weekend, I had a gingerbread house making party at my place. We spent most of the morning baking gingerbread (thus ensuring that my kitchen and my hair would smell like gingerbread for days) and making icing cement. After the guests arrived, we assembled and decorated the houses in teams of two, and then held a contest (every team getting to vote).

I was pleasantly surprised by people's patience and ingenuity; some teams had construction problems, and other teams had decorating mishaps, but in the end, every house held together, looked good, and there were tons of cute, creative details.

Here are some photos:

house with a snowmancarousel
Fenway Parkmy house
bunny house (winner!)lots of gingerbread houses

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.