Thursday, December 07, 2006

walking

Last year, they started giving out pedometers at my work gym, in a effort to make us healthier. I'm never one to pass up free stuff, so of course I got one.

It's funny what happens when you give pedometers to a bunch of driven, competitive people. I myself never take elevators anymore, unless the destination floor is at least five floors away. I also choose to walk rather than drive short distances (e.g. 1/2 mile) now, which is contrary to all of my Californian driving-culture upbringing.

Anyway, it's now been one whole year since I started wearing the pedometer, and according to my log, I've walked at least 3,026,087 steps over the past year, for a total of 619.24 miles. Not so bad, for a code monkey.

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.