Friday, April 27, 2007

Olympic politics

I've refrained from commenting on the Taiwan Olympic torch controversy until now, but I thought this map was pretty revealing (then again, I'm heavily biased):


China claims that it's not trying to be political about the torch route, but if so, just looking at the map, wouldn't it make more sense geographically for the torch to pass from North Korea to Taiwan to Vietnam, and then to Hong Kong, rather than going to Vietnam first, and then backtracking to Taiwan?

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
clu (呂悅純) said...

Tibet ain't happy that they got included in the route either. China expelled American protesters.

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.