Thursday, February 21, 2008

Whistler trip

I just got back (well, two days ago) from a five-day trip to Whistler.

I'd been meaning to go for years, but things kept coming up, so I was super paranoid about planning this trip, and had it all organized and booked before Thanksgiving. Everything worked out beautifully, up to and including the stopover at the Squamish 7-11 to get discounted lift tickets (69 CAD). In the end, I didn't want to leave, but unfortunately there are such things as work, and besides, the lodging costs there are ridiculous.

Anyway, photos and details to come! I did want to briefly comment on the huge number of Aussies working the lifts (aka "lifties"), restaurants, and shops at Whistler. I guess they chase the winter to the northern hemisphere every year. Fascinating.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.