Wednesday, June 11, 2008

stop calling me

I just want to listen to music, damnit.

Someone from the "Friends of the SF Symphony" called me on my cell phone yesterday, while I was at work. The conversation went something like this.

her:I'm calling from the Friends of the SF Symphony. Do you have a minute?
me:No, I'm at work.
her:Is this a cell phone? Let me make a note...when can I call you back?
me:What's this about?
her:I thought you wanted to get off the phone.
me:Can't you tell me in one sentence what this is about?
her:What about between 5pm and 9pm?
me:Exactly what are you calling about?
her:How about Saturday?
me:I'd like to know what you're calling about. Is this about tickets?
her:No, I'm calling from the Friends of the SF Symphony, we help keep music in schools.
me:I'm not interested, please take me off of your list.

The caller hung up all huffy. I think I must have gotten on her list because I bought some tickets to the symphony last year. I hate that this happens. Is there no way that I can buy symphony tickets and not have to deal with this kind of crap?

On a somewhat related note, someone named Gina Papan keeps sending junk mail to my house. I think she's running for some kind of office. If I ever see her name on a ballot I'm going to vote against her just because of all the trees she's killed. I wish there was a box on the voter registration form for "decline to state party affiliation and don't send me junk mail, either".

1 comment:

alexmc said...

Just declare with one of lesser 3rd parties and they'll be too poor to send you stuff anyway

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.