Wednesday, April 29, 2009

just do it

Last Thursday, instead of going to lunch with my coworkers, I went to get a haircut. It took 30 minutes, cost $40, and voila, I had chin-length hair, for the first time since 2007. Afterwards, I couldn't figure out why it'd taken me so long to finally do it.

PROS:
- I barely have to brush it in the morning. I pretty much just climb out of bed and shake my head.
- When I shower at the gym it takes maybe 30 seconds to blow dry it, even with the crappy gym hairdryers. (Maybe a whole minute.)
- My head feels lighter.
- I use a *lot* less shampoo and I don't really need conditioner anymore.
- I don't shed long hair all over, which means I no longer clog shower drains with my hair.
- At least five coworkers have complimented my haircut in the past week. When guy engineers start noticing your hair, that's a good haircut. (And, I'm not counting "Your hair wasn't like that this morning, was it?" as a compliment.)

CONS:
- All the rubber band-y hair things I'd bought from Safeway are sitting neglected in my bathroom drawer.
- I've had to switch to bigger hair clips for sports, although I pretty much only bother for basketball, since it doesn't matter so much for running.
- I can't actually think of any more, except that I'm probably going to have to cut my hair again in a couple of months, otherwise it won't stay short.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.