Tuesday, May 05, 2009

mistaken identity

I have a pretty common name, so sometimes I find myself the victim of mistaken identity.

For instance, I have an alter ego (who apparently is not too clear on her own email address) living in lower Manhattan. Over time I've been sent her street address, some of her credit information, and her login credentials for several websites. One time I even got hate mail meant for her, from a woman in New Jersey. Apparently the "other me" was getting a bit too cozy with that girl's 19-year-old boyfriend.

There's another person with my name, who works for a company formerly located at my current office. I've gotten several letters intended for her over the years. Last week, I received her Wells Fargo RSA SecurID crypto keychain. I keep meaning to call Wells Fargo about it, but I've been too lazy to do so as of yet.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.