Monday, November 30, 2009

I watch TV and I'm proud of it

A friend posted on Facebook about her cable box breaking, and lots of people rushed in to tell her how she should stop watching TV and spend more time with her family and read more books and walk on beaches, etc. etc. Bleah!

I read books. I spend time with family and friends. I play sports and games and go hiking and have plenty of social interaction. I also like watching TV. After I got back from my very long trip, I realized my DVR had filled up and stopped recording a few weeks before, and I was sad.

I guess my point is that in my mind, there are lots of things to enjoy in life, and one of them is TV, and I get annoyed when people are all self-righteous about TV being evil.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.