Saturday, November 21, 2009

what's old is new

We got back from our RTW trip a couple of days ago, and I kind of expected it to be a downer to go back to the old routine. Interestingly, it's been kind of fun; there were quite a few things that we couldn't or didn't do while we were travelling, and it's nice to do them again.

For instance:
- At work there are many buildings, and some of them are quite far apart, so there are bicycles for general use. I got on one yesterday to ride to another building, felt a little weird, and realized I hadn't ridden a bike in nearly three months, when normally I do several times a week.
- I drove to work the second day (D drove the first day) and had a slight scare when my car took longer to start than usual. I guess I'm luckily it started at all, after so long. I'd also forgotten that I actually quite like driving.
- Although we did go to some grocery stores in other countries, we were only able to buy snacks and other ready-to-eat items like bread, yogurt, and instant foods. I look forward to my first trips back to Trader Joe's, Nijiya, and Marina!
- We also didn't get to cook while on vacation, and I realized this morning while rummaging through my freezer and fridge to put together breakfast that I actually missed the whole process of planning, cooking, and eating freshly home-cooked food.
- Yes, I'm a geek. I enjoy having fast internet access 24/7. Enough said.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.