Thursday, January 28, 2010

Texas BBQ, revisited

I'm not sure how it happened exactly, but a few weeks ago, a bunch of my coworkers decided they had to have some real Texas BBQ. In the end, an order was placed with Salt Lick. D and I had just been to the Round Rock location over Thanksgiving, but I'm not one to pass up meat, so I signed us up anyway.

Last Saturday, the order arrived. I'm not sure exactly what was in it, but there were I think three or four racks of pork ribs, plus plenty of sausage, turkey, beef brisket, bean soup, baked beans, and someone had made fresh cornbread. There were about twelve of us total, and we managed to polish off most of the meat, but couldn't finish the remaining brownies, pies, and cakes that we'd brought for dessert.

It was a good time and the food was yummy enough, but I do think that the reheating process made the ribs a bit tougher than usual (they were shipped fully smoked). The sausage was my favorite; it was delicious. Makes me want to plan another Memphis Minnie's outing.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.