Sunday, January 10, 2010

unwinding

The holidays were a mad whirl of activity as my sister got married and we were deluged with relatives. Slowly starting to get back to normality...

We had a few last dinners with family this week, one of which I cooked myself. It turns out that 3.5 lbs of chicken marsala is barely enough for ten people, even with pasta, garlic bread, salad, and green beans on the side. Either that or it was really good.

On Friday night we went to a friend's dinner party. We were supposed to play games, but we got to chatting and stayed until midnight but never opened the box. I don't remember the last time that happened!

Before all the cousins left town, we of course had to pay a visit to Music Tunnel, so we squeezed that in last night.

We had dinner at Barracuda, in the Castro. I picked the restaurant based on a friend's recommendation, even though I'd never been there. Things started off great when I found parking a block away (on a Saturday night!). Everyone liked it, and it wasn't too expensive, especially for Japanese food. I think my favorite thing was the "Phudon", which was udon with kobe beef and foie gras in it. Not a big fan of foie generally but it added great flavor to the broth.

Karaoke was nice and relaxing with only seven; we stayed five hours and had all pretty much lost our voices at 3am so we didn't stay until closing. Good times.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.