Monday, July 12, 2010

very random act

On Saturday night, I went to the AMC Mercado with a bunch of friends, as part of a birthday celebration. It was the first time I'd been to the Mercado in probably 3 or 4 years, and as usual it was teeming with high school kids.

We were pretty early, so after we got our seats, I went to use the bathroom. As I was walking out of my stall to the sinks, a very agitated teenaged girl asked me for help. I'm usually wary of strangers asking me for stuff (or giving me stuff, for that matter) but she looked really young and upset, so I paused to let her explain.

It turned out that she had broken the zipper on her skirt, which was only about mid-thigh length and pretty tight to begin with, so she couldn't get it zipped up anymore. She asked me to hold her skirt together while she tried to zip it. It took us about five minutes of wrestling with the zipper (and she kept talking about how embarrassed she was the whole time), but we managed to get it. Afterwards, she gave me a teary hug and thanked me profusely.

I was kind of amused but also glad I had been able to help out. It would have sucked to be in her situation.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.