Thursday, January 06, 2011

almost full recovery

Two days ago, we were eating dinner at home when D got this funny look on his face.

me:What?
D:I just realized I accidentally deleted half of my Hawaii photos from the SD card when I was deleting older photos.
me:::speechless for a couple of seconds::
me:Um, okay. Let me see what I can do.

I spent the next 2-3 hours looking at free file recovery programs. First I tried Undelete Plus, which was able to successfully recover deleted .JPG files, but all of the extracted .NEF files were corrupted. It was the same story with Pandora Recovery. Finally I discovered PC Inspector Smart Recovery. "Quick Scan" failed, so I had to run "Thorough Scan", which took over 18 hours on the 16GB SD card. In the end it recovered over 1000 files, only about 10 of which are unusable. Vacation photos saved!

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.