Tuesday, April 12, 2011

enjoying life

On the whole, I quite enjoy my job. Every day, I get to work on interesting products with smart and fun people. When I stay home sick for a couple of days, I feel like I'm missing out; I like knowing what's going on in the tech world (inside and outside the company), I like being involved in developing new features, and I like the social aspect of hanging out with my coworkers at work. I would certainly be bored to death if I had no job and stayed at home every day.

However, I was thinking last weekend (on a plane coming back from Chicago) that if I somehow acquired enough money that I could just fly around and do fun things for the rest of my life, I'd probably be fine with that too. In fact, I think one of the reasons that I like my job is that it pays me enough and is flexible enough that I can do things like fly to Chicago for the weekend. Yup, it was only three days, but I got to spend quality time with my brother and his girlfriend, experienced five hours of delicious interactive dining theatre, had a nice long run along the Chicago lakefront, waited in an hour-long line for gourmet hot dogs with lots of other friendly food-lovers, and fell asleep in the living room while lying on the floor watching movies.

On the agenda for next week: visiting friends in Los Angeles, visiting family in Houston, and a cousin reunion at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando. My youngest cousin is finally old enough to do fun trips (she's going to college this year), so I hope this is the first of many exciting cousin adventures.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.