Wednesday, September 17, 2003

I suck at Chinese

I'm going to be taking Chinese 4 at Foothill College, starting next week.

I must say, their application process is a little daunting for someone who just wants to take one class. A friend who is taking the class with me was jokingly wondering if we could somehow invalidate our existing college degrees by making a mistake on the form.

I also got a call two days ago encouraging me to attend the "new student orientation" this Friday at 8am. The woman seemed a little befuddled when I explained that I have to work during the day. Actually, that's not quite true, I can work whenever I want; it just works out better with other people's schedules if I work during the day.

But, I digress. I guess I thought people took enrichment classes all the time. I wonder what percentage of the students at community colleges are not working towards a degree?

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.