Friday, September 12, 2003

you're not crazy

I'd been having a VPN problem for a couple of weeks now. I'd run a servlet on my machine, try to access it through VPN, and get an "Access Forbidden" error. I'd tried a whole bunch of small tweaks, but nothing worked.

Two days ago, I tried helpdesk, and they spent half an hour having me run through all the solutions I'd tried already. As an aside, I'm glad we have a helpdesk, and they are helpful sometimes, but all too often, their preferred suggestion is to tell me to reboot my Linux(!) machine.

Finally, I filed a sysops ticket. I think the tone of my description must have expressed a little frustration, because I just got a response, and the first line read: Hi, you're not crazy. I must admit, it's good to hear that once in awhile.

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.