Monday, September 08, 2003

weekend in Vegas

When I was booking my plane tickets, it seemed like a good idea to fly to Vegas on a Friday night, stay three nights, and fly back at 5am on Monday morning in time to attend an 11am meeting with an Engineering VP. No, I wasn't smoking anything at the time. I think I still subconsciously have the delusion that if I try hard enough, I can sleep 5 hours a night and function properly, like I did in college. Then again, I don't remember certain college years all that clearly.

This post was written after a weekend of:

- 20+ hours of gambling (up at most $165, down at most $80, net profit $145...take that, Vegas!)
- 1 food coma inducing all-you-can-eat Brazilian BBQ dinner
- 1 Bellagio champagne brunch
- 6-7 hours of being glued to the sports betting section watching opening weekend football
- 6 hours, 6 hours, and 5 hours of sleep, consecutively, plus a 1 hour nap this morning

I still have a 9pm ice hockey game to play tonight. I guess we'll see how far pure adrenaline can go.

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.