Wednesday, March 24, 2004

don't take my CPA away

I filed my taxes yesterday. Well, more precisely, after looking through my already-prepared returns, I sent a piece of paper to my CPA to authorize her to e-file my taxes.

Since my dad is a CPA, I've never done my own taxes. Even though he's inactive, he still takes all my random tax-related forms and organizes and annotates them so that the CPA can do her thing. I wonder if we get a discount because she doesn't have to do as much work as with her other clients.

It was a bit harder to justify the CPA expenditure when I was a college student, but my taxes were actually fairly complicated this year, what with escrow papers, property taxes, rental income, capital gains and losses, etc. I wonder how the US compares with other countries, in terms of tax law complexity?

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.