Tuesday, June 07, 2005

NBA Finals

I hate the two-week gap between the AFC/NFC Championships and the Super Bowl, so I'm glad there's only a two-day break before the NBA Finals start. Looks like it's going to be a defensive showdown, with the Spurs playing the Pistons. I bet David Stern is pissed that neither is a big-market team.

On paper, it looks like a pretty close matchup; the 2004 champions vs the 2003 champions, the second seed from the East against the second seed from the West, Defensive MVP Ben Wallace and All-Defensive Second Team selections Tayshaun Prince and Chauncey Billups vs All-Defensive First Team selections Bruce Bowen and Tim Duncan.

In reality, I'm guessing the Spurs will probably win; they play in the more difficult conference, they have a much more effective offense and they're well-rested, having nearly swept the Suns. With Duncan recovered from his knee injury, they're also healthy, which wasn't the case when the teams met during the season.

Though, I'm slightly in favor of the Pistons (the Spurs are just too...bland?) so I hope I'm wrong.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.