Monday, April 21, 2008

food and travel

I started my trip home on Saturday morning at noon, Argentina time. I finally arrived at my house around noon on Sunday morning, California time. Factoring in the four-hour time zone difference, I travelled for a total of nearly 28 hours, passed through 5 airports, took 3 flight segments, and ate 3 airplane meals, before getting home. Somehow when I plan trips I always manage to blank out the actual travelling part.

Anyway, somewhere on the third leg of the journey, while eating yet another blandly awful airplane meal, I had a discussion with my friends about what we wanted to eat when we got home. Among the suggestions: dim sum, pho, ramen, sushi, and burritos. It's funny what a bunch of Californians consider comfort food. I ended up at Hotaru, where I ate nigiri, wakame, soba, udon, and chicken karaage over rice. Yes, all of the above.

(Argentina travel notes to follow.)

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.