Wednesday, February 11, 2009

motivation

I'd been debating signing up for this year's Bay to Breakers all week, ever since a friend asked me to join him.

Today, I found out that my spinning instructor is turning 50 this year. 50!! I would have guessed she was maybe 40, except that she'd mentioned her "15-year-old" a few times before, so at some point I'd revised my mental estimate to "early 40s". This woman teaches multiple spinning and pilates classes every day, has two teenagers and a husband who does triathlons, seems to be in Tahoe every other weekend, and regularly bikes and runs on weekends as well.

Anyway, I decided to sign up for the race. I figured I better get started now on the being-in-shape-when-I'm-50 thing.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.