Friday, October 17, 2003

SJ Ballet?

I'm going to the ballet tonight. Nope, not the San Francisco ballet, the San Jose ballet. Yeah, I didn't know they had a ballet company either.

Not to be a snob, but I'm generally skeptical about SJ's performing arts. They just can't compare to the SF companies, especially for the ballet, symphony, and opera. The touring performance of Rent was pretty good, I guess. Plus, I think I get an extra kick out of watching the SF ballet because I indirectly know Yuan-Yuan Tan.

Anyway, I decided to give SJ a chance tonight because (A) a group of my co-workers are going, (B) it's only $10 for us, and (C) they're performing Appalachian Spring, which I've never seen. I'm trying to keep an open mind.

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.