Monday, October 20, 2003

TMQ and MMQB

When you say you love your job, how much do you really love it?

From SI's Peter King:
Peyton Manning missed football so much during his bye week that he played touch football Sunday morning in his backyard, then went inside to watch all the pregame shows followed by the actual games, and then fell asleep with the Madden 2004 controls in his hands.

The quote is courtesy of Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback, so it may or may not be true. I love MMQB, but I also love(d) Gregg Easterbrook's Tuesday Morning Quarterback. Unfortunately, Easterbrook made an anti-Semitic comment on his New Republic blog last week, resulting in ESPN dumping his column. I understand that Easterbrook's comment was hurtful and offensive and wrong, and I'm not defending him and I don't vilify ESPN (although it's worth mentioning that Easterbrook's comment criticized Michael Eisner, whose Disney owns ESPN), but I am sad that a column that I found witty and insightful and well-written is gone.

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.