Sunday, May 02, 2004

is wireless hazardous? plus Giants vs Marlins

I find it disturbing that after being on the phone for a long time, I get a headache. I'm not even talking cell phones, just regular cordless phones. I know there isn't any conclusive scientific evidence that anything bad is happening to my head, but still...headaches are bad, right? Thus, proof by one example!

I wonder, should I also be worried that we're increasingly living in a cloud of wireless networking? I've had a wireless router since mid-2001, so I've had three years of wireless at home and work.

Speaking of wireless, apparently Pac Bell Park was set up with free WiFi access recently, although I didn't bother to drag my laptop out to the game yesterday. I spend enough time staring at LCD monitors as it is.

Yup, I went to another Giants game, Saturday afternoon. It was great weather for just lounging, chatting, and drinking lemonade. Schmidt pitched okay (although the Marlins' pitcher hit a HR off of him!), Barry walked four times, we got to see Benitez pitch, and the Giants won. Yay. Eh, I guess I haven't been a very enthusiastic Giants fan since the '94 strike.

In more Giants news, apparently the winning pitcher for the Giants on Friday was Tyler Walker, who went to my high school and was in my chem class. I wonder if I'm going to discover a middle school classmate in the majors, next?

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.