Monday, May 10, 2004

weekend in LA

Just got back from a wedding in LA...we drove down Saturday morning and got there in time for the rehearsal dinner, went to the ceremony and reception Sunday morning, and then drove back in time to grab a pearl milk tea at Tea Era before they closed. I don't suggest it as a very relaxing way to spend a weekend.

It was a gorgeous wedding, outdoors on a lawn at a resort/spa type place, facing the beach, on a beautiful summer day. More importantly, the food was awesome. The first course was a dish consisting of crab and mango salad, some fresh greens with vinaigrette, and chopped tuna sashimi salad. The last course was a trio of tiny desserts; a cheesecake, a chocolate cake, and a creme brulee. Everything in between was equally yummy. It really is all about the food.

At the reception, I discovered once again how small the world is, especially with respect to Taiwanese people living in the US. The guest sitting to my right was a friend of the bride, my second cousin. She happened to have a brother whose fiancee works at Oracle and knows some friends of mine who used to work there. I also met a "cousin" of my mother's (really her cousin's son), whose daughter happens to be a good college friend of my sister's; they currently live together in the same suite. Actually, it's a little disturbing, if you think about it hard enough.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.