Monday, May 24, 2004

Yosemite has a garage

We went to Yosemite over the weekend. We hiked Yosemite Falls, which was pretty killer on the legs. I'm glad we didn't decide to hike Half Dome.

Anyway, my car took a nail at the end of the first day, but we didn't notice until we were leaving our hostel (the Yosemite Bug) on the second day. Actually, we didn't notice at all, because the roads all around the hostel were these nasty, rocky, dirt roads. I could have been driving on four flats and not noticed. Some nice people staying at the hostel flagged us down and pointed out the flat.

We were pretty worried since it was a Sunday morning and we were about 50 miles from Merced, the nearest thing resembling a real town. Finally the hostel people said there was a garage in Yosemite Valley, so we decided to just drive on the spare into the valley and hope for the best.

It turns out that the Yosemite Garage is very, very well-equipped (three lifts!), and open seven days a week. When we got there, we were told that there were four other flats in front of us, but they'd be done in about an hour. Oh yeah, and the charge was $13. Last year when I got a flat in the Bay Area, it cost me $20. Amazing.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.