Tuesday, November 02, 2004

California gets propositioned

There were 16 statewide propositions on the ballot for this election. Consequently, the volume of useless propaganda (for decision-making purposes, anyway) that California voters have been subjected to over the past few weeks has been astounding.

I found the pamphlet sent out on behalf of Governor Arnold especially disturbing, yet amusing, with its one-liners ("Job Killing Health Care Tax!") and its handy-dandy pull-out "cheat sheet".

I myself spent most of last night looking at the "impartial" summaries and the actual text of the propositions, trying to figure out what they really meant. As a result, I felt pretty good this morning about voting on all of the state and local offices and issues.

However, after doing a pretty thorough investigation of all the third-party candidates, I abstained from voting in the presidential election.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.