Thursday, March 02, 2006

say what?

Taiwan's President Chen recently scrapped the dormant "National Unification Council", which was supposed to oversee China unification issues. China's response?

China has expressed its concerns directly to United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan about Taiwan's scrapping of a unification council with the mainland, Xinhua news agency reported.

I thought the CCP's position was that the "Taiwan situation" was an internal affair, but I'm delighted that they are now acknowledging Taiwan as a country, at least to the extent that they would lodge official protests against its government through the UN. Of course, thanks to Chinese interference, Taiwan has no seat at the UN, so I'm not sure what the Chinese government thinks it's doing.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.