Thursday, March 23, 2006

gaming is for grownups

I just came across this article which claims that adults play video games more than teens.

I can't say I'm surprised. Anecdotally, I've noticed:
- Most of my friends are Halo addicts.
- Starcraft is still well loved as a LAN party game among those of us who played in college.
- My sister and her boyfriend were/are FFXI junkies. In fact, they met while playing FFXI.
- I know of several people my age (including myself) who have game consoles in their bedrooms.

The first generation of people that grew up with video games is now well into adulthood, and I guess they're just choosing to continue playing games, both new and old.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.