Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Jean Georges

A more detailed account:

Jean Georges offers a six-course tasting menu but I didn't like some of the selections, so I chose to have the four-course prix fixe instead.

My father did order the tasting menu, and most enjoyed the caviar and the lobster:



As for me, I especially liked the the amuse (especially the salmon and ikura) and my appetizer (a shrimp and mushroom dish covered in yuzu foam):



However, I was most impressed by the desserts. There were four options on the menu, each comprised of four small dishes, representing a theme:


My father ordered Spring, my mother ordered Rhubarb, my sister ordered Chocolate, and I ordered Citrus, so we were able to investigate the full array.

SpringRhubarb
 
ChocolateCitrus


Finally, we ended the evening with a variety of mignardises, of which I most enjoyed the rhubarb and mandarin orange jellies:

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.