Tuesday, May 29, 2007

squeaky cheese

Last weekend, I went to a wedding in Madison, Wisconsin. The wedding was nice and touching and all that, but for me, the highlight was the cheese curds at the reception.

I had been briefed beforehand about the curds and how they would squeak when chewed, but only if they were very fresh and served at the right temperature. So, as soon as the ceremony was over, I made a beeline for the cheese table. Apparently the curds were too cold at first, so I had to wait a good fifteen minutes for my first squeaking experience, but sure enough, the third (and fourth, and fifth, and sixth...) curds that I ate produced clearly audible squeaking noises. Fun!

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.