Friday, October 26, 2007

reading list

Last week while I was travelling, I finally managed to read Life of Pi, which I had bought several months ago. Although it was well reviewed, I was initially skeptical of the story; it's about an Indian boy who gets shipwrecked in the Pacific with a bunch of zoo animals. I thought it would be something like Cast Away, about the triumph of the human spirit, blah blah blah...

I was totally wrong. Life of Pi is great read. The protagonist is engaging, the other characters are well drawn, the fantastic elements of the story are believable, and the conclusion is thought-provoking. I'm not going to write a whole review (because I'm lazy and I mostly suck at writing reviews anyway), but in short, it's a good book, and I recommend it.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.