Monday, October 22, 2007

sugar high

I think I need to take a break from dessert.

Last week I was at the Grace Hopper Conference in Orlando. I staffed a recruiting booth, went to several interesting technical sessions, and met lots of other women in technology. I also ate lots and lots of dessert. From the awards banquet (chocolate mousse) to the conference lunches and dinners (chocolate ganache cake, apple pie, orange cake, cherry pie, and strawberry shortcake) to the sponsor night party (raspberry mousse, fruit tarts, red velvet cake), every conference event provided an abundance of sweets. I almost wondered if someone was catering to stereotypes about women and dessert.

Then, after I got back on Saturday, I went to a friend's birthday party where the theme was...you guessed it...dessert. Faced with a table of gorgeous homemade and store-bought desserts, I must have tried at least ten or twelve of them.

Not pictured: the homemade apple pie and flambeed strawberries and cream, which were still under construction.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.