Monday, March 17, 2008

spicy chocolate

I think I first discovered I really liked spicy chocolate a few years ago when I had a dessert at Azie that consisted of a molten chocolate cake spiked with shichimi.

Recently, I've discovered a couple of chocolatiers who make yummy spicy chocolate bars. Vosges has a Black Pearl dark chocolate bar which contains ginger, wasabi, and black sesame. Almost as good is their Red Fire which has chipotle chile and cinnamon. Not spicy but also yummy is the Barcelona bar which contains almonds and sea salt.

Just last week, a coworker brought in a box of chocolates from Lillie Belle Farms, and I got to sample the Cayenne Caramel. It was delicious...I have to figure out where I can get a box for myself, so I can try the rest of the flavors.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.