Monday, March 03, 2008

back (again)

I feel like I'm always getting "back" from something. It's probably related that I'm way behind on blogging. I did manage to upload my Whistler photos last week so those should be up soon, I think.

This time I was in Houston for a family event. Two highlights:
- I finally got to check out the Johnson Space Center (as in "Houston, we have a problem"). At first I balked at the $18 admission price, especially as I'd already been to Kennedy Space Center before, but it turned out to be more interesting than I expected. There was a pretty comprehensive update on the current status of the International Space Station and the Constellation project, plus we heard about NASA's future plans for moon and Mars exploration. We also got to see one of the real Mission Control rooms, a replica of the interior of the astronaut quarters, and some other cool stuff. We ended up spending over four hours there, and were late to dinner.
- One night for dinner, we bought 30 lbs of crawfish and cooked them with corn, potatoes, lemons, onions, and Lousiana Fish Fry's "Crawfish, Crab & Shrimp Boil". So. Good. I think there were maybe 15 people there that night, and we ate at least 20 lbs of the crawfish. This was after we had already had a full meal of Taiwanese lun bianh. Afterwards, we topped off the crawfish with fresh homemade tang yuan, ai yu jelly and fruit cocktail. Yum.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.