Wednesday, August 20, 2008

BART is useful (sometimes)

I usually don't take BART, mostly because it takes $8 to go roundtrip from Millbrae to the city, which makes it only worth it if no one wants to carpool. Last week I took BART twice; once to a whitewater rafting offsite (the bus picked up in Mountain View at 7:30am and in San Francisco at 8:30am, making my decision of pickup location very easy), and once to the Orpheum to see the Drowsy Chaperone with some friends living in the city.

PROS:
- free and plentiful parking at Millbrae
- $8 is about as cheap as round-trip gas, at least for one person
- the Civic Center stop at 8th and Market is pretty convenient to lots of stuff

CONS:
- takes 45 minutes (as opposed to 30 minutes) from my house to downtown
- last train a little after midnight
- sometimes the cars smell funny

All in all, it's a decent option and I will have to remember to keep it in mind.

As for the events themselves, rafting was fun and all, but I'm tired of Class III. If only someone else would plan a Class IV trip...since I'm too lazy at the moment.

The musical was surprisingly good; I had no idea what it was going to be about, and I found the self-conscious humor and show-within-a-show setup intriguing. The narrator character was well played, as were the male and female leads, but I was less fond of some of the supporting characters, including the titular chaperone. Overall it was fun and upbeat, and not too expensive either, at $55 for a weekday showing.

No comments:

 

This is my personal blog. The views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not that of my employer.